Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Artist Statement

My work typically involves entertaining myself and/or an audience. It often comments on society in humorous or experimental ways, without pretension, that a broad audience can appreciate. The most entertaining project is one where I can draw on the input or reactions of people and turn that into social commentary/the project itself. However, I would like to explore more introspective and possibly more serious issues this semester, such as self versus society, cultural and generational gaps. As a young adult, I think we are at a critical moment where everything is more uncertain than usual. We are struggling to identify and become more aware of who we are in the context of society. We are slowly rising up to become the authoritative figures that we once looked up to and/or feared and possibly no longer pay heed towards. The mediums I would like to use are digital photography and/or video.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say that it looks good. The only thing that I would add is some examples of your past works that relate to your statement. Also, mention why you want to use a certain medium for you future work.

    ReplyDelete